• The ability to contact a member of FCV staff 24/7
• Monthly visits as well as ongoing supervision and support from a Supervising Social Worker
• An up to date Foster Carer Handbook
• Up to two weeks' paid respite
• The opportunity to meet together to share your experience of fostering with other carers and members of our team
• Chance to consult with education staff and qualified therapists, should the need arise
• Free legal advice, legal expenses insurance and personal financial advice from your individual membership of the Fostering Network, which is paid for by FCV
• Comprehensive post-approval training
• A professional financial package that demonstrates how much we value the skills of foster carers.
•Access to day to day support from a support worker
Becoming a carer > Support & training
We understand that becoming a foster carer is a big decision. That’s why we will be there to support you every step of the way.
Foster Care Values provides high quality training and supervision to ensure that you have the best skills possible to meet the needs of the children and young people in your care.
We also know that those needs are likely to change over time, so it’s important that you’re able to adapt. As such, we actively promote professional development, for both our carers and employees.
To ensure that our carers get the highest standard of training, we listen carefully to our carers about their training needs. Our training will reflect the needs of the children who are placed or who are referred, and we ensure that we respond to developing customer needs and best practice across the sector.
At FCV we realise that the training we offer our carers is a vital component in building and maintaining their ability to offer outstanding care to young people.
With this in mind we begin our training relationship prior to approval ensuring that all prospective carers complete the following:
• ‘Skills to foster’ course
• Paediatric First Aid certificate
• ‘An introduction to therapy’ module
Post approval, FCV offer a broad range of core training opportunities, which will equip them with all the basic knowledge to foster confidently and effectively as they begin their careers with the agency.
To ensure that our carers receive the best available training, FCV has developed relationships with a number of very skilled and experienced local trainers who are able to offer a broad range of both core and specialist training opportunities on our behalf.
We also recognise the value of peer involvement in training and will always look for opportunities to include the unique perspective of experienced carers in delivering training to less experienced colleagues.
At Foster Care Values, we are very aware of the high level of practical and emotional support that our carers need. Our fully qualified staff and support workers will be on hand to ensure carers, their families and the children in their care feel valued and a part of the FCV family.
Our support package for carers includes:
To find out more about the support and training we offer our carers contact us on:
01745 354992 or email@example.com
Speak to a member of our team about becoming a foster carer
FCV is a new foster care agency operating across North Wales.
Are you are already a foster carer, but want to move agencies?
We are actively recruiting new foster carers.
Are you ready?